Tuesday, September 16, 2014

To Self-Publish or not to Self-Publish (part 2)

     I kept counting the days till my "Writing Children's Picture Books" class. You know why? I read on the booklet information that Lori Mortensen would be the instructor. She happened to be my one-on-one instructor at the Institute of Children's Literature. What a coincidence!
     During the class, I was reminded about the elements of a good story. I discovered that children's authors nowadays utilize animated
trailers to promote their books on their website. I just wished Lori  
divulged some tips on how to find an agent and a publisher or some other information that could not be found on books. She recommended that we join the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrator, an organization that educates and supports writers and illustrators.
     I couldn't resist not having a photo with her. It's as if I've known her
for a long time since I met her through ICT.

 
 

     Notice the book under her bag? That's the book you can purchase once you are a member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators. It has all the information where to submit your stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment