Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Magic Paintbrush

     Philipp Chipping, the founder of knowonder!, emailed me a very exciting news! I won the PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD for my children's story, The Magic Paintbrush. The story was published on September 9, 2011. You can read the full story here.

     This is a dream come true! It was my first attempt to submit and it got published. It would have been more wonderful if it were in print, but I shouldn't complain. This is my very first breakthrough!
     After writing "The Eskalets," I had a serious back problem. I was going crazy, not being able to actively enjoy the summer. Luckily, or let me say, by divine intervention, I stumbled upon the advertisement that I cut out several years ago. It was an offer from Institute of Children's Literature to take an aptitude test for a writing course. I was a little hesitant, but I knew I was ready for the challenge. The story, "Gianna's Surprise Adventure," came easily to me and before I knew it, I was offered the opportunity to enroll in a course called Writing for Children and Teenagers.
     It took about two months before I started the course. I was nursing my back in a hot bubble bath with a pen and paper on hand. Unmindful of the suds dripping on the paper, I scribbled words after words after words. "The Magic Paintbrush" was one of the stories I wrote then. It was a story that helped me overcome the pain I was going through. It simply transported me to a magical place in time.
     This delightful story will make any child and adult feel warm inside. Check out the site and read for yourself.
     This is just the beginning of my journey. I hope to continually pursue my dream of writing for children. It will not be a very easy path, but I know it will be worth all the hard work. I cannot imagine something more fulfilling than touching a child's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment